Statement of Purpose
The SouthPort Community Legal Service was created to:
- provide a free legal advice, assistance and referral service to the people of SPort Melbourne, South Melbourne, Middle Park, Albert Park, Southbank, Fishermans Bend, West and St Kilda
- promote the provision of legal aid, and
- promote community awareness of the law and to encourage community participation in the legal process, and
- promote and advocate for equal opportunity in the legal system, and
- assist the people of South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Albert Park and Middle Park in any way the Committee thinks appropriate.